Linda Ranson Jacobs is one of the forefront leaders in the areas of children and divorce and single-parent family needs. Having been both divorced and widowed, Linda was a single mom who learned firsthand the emotional and support needs of broken families, and she developed a passion to help hurting families. As a children’s ministry director, children’s program developer, speaker, author, trainer, and therapeutic child care center owner, Linda has assisted countless single-parent families and their children.
In 2004, Linda created and developed the DivorceCare for Kids program, a biblically based, Christ-centered ministry tool designed to bring healing, comfort, and coping and communication skills to children of divorce. Local churches use this lay-led, 13-week program to launch a children’s divorce recovery ministry in their church and community.
For eight years she served as the DC4K Executive Director and is now the DC4K Ambassador. She spreads the word about DC4K and teaches ministry leaders how to create a family-friendly church for single parents and their kids, and how to help children who have challenging behaviors. She contributes to many blogs and periodicals, including DivorceMinistry4Kids, Relevant Children’s Ministry, BiblicalParenting.org, CMConnect Radio, and K! Magazine.
Linda and her husband, Bruce, live in sunny Florida and have ten grandchildren. When she’s not busy with her passion for helping single-parent families and children, you might catch her gardening, playing the piano, or walking along the beach gathering seashells. She also has a collection of teapots from different places, and she enjoys making flower arrangements to give away. And Linda loves going to church!
Contact Linda here.
Conferences Linda has spoken at & lecture topics
CPC, Children’s Pastor’s Conference
- How to Combat the Stressed Out Child and Reduce Behavior Problems
- Embracing Children and Youth in Trauma & Family Crisis
- The ABCs of Connecting with the Child of Divorce
TX Children’s Ministry Summit
- Divorce Hurts – Solution Strategies that Work
St. Louis, MO Baptist Association
- Help the Divorcing Parent Create a Healthy Single-Parent Family Unit
AMFM, Association of Marriages and Family Ministry
- Grandparents Parenting the Next Generation
- Broken Dream, Shattered Live Embracing Children of Divorce
- The Spiritual Development of Children of Divorce
- When Crisis and Trauma Strike, How to Help the Child
North American Children’s Ministries Conference (Assemblies of God)
- Connecting with the Child of Divorce
OCCA, Oklahoma Child Care Association
- Out of Control Kids and What to Do
- Divorce Hurts Kids, Dealing with Children in Group Settings
12Stone Church, Atlanta, GA
- Help! I’m a Single Parent
Focus on the Family
- What’s a Kid to Do?
Thriving Magazine (Focus on the Family Publisher)
- One Child, Two Homes
- Surviving the Summer
Children’s Ministry Magazine
- Bridge Over Troubled Waters (A blueprint for leaders working with the child of divorce)
- A Field Guide for Coping with Tragedy and Ensuing Grief in Children’s Ministry
Christian Early Education Magazine
- Mentoring Your Staff: Dealing Appropriately with Emotional and Behavioral Issues
- The Value of Real Work with Children Exhibiting Challenging Behavior
- “Hey! Stop That” Discipline Techniques that Work
Nothing in this document or materials from Linda Ranson Jacobs should be considered as psychological or legal advice. Linda is not a psychologist, psychiatrist, therapist, or lawyer. These suggestions are simply suggestions and not guaranteed solutions to your particular problems. Linda offers this information because she was a single mom for years and ran a child care where the majority of her children were from single parent families. She offers support, encouragement, and suggestions to help you succeed when working with the child of divorce or to help you as a single parent.